Garden Rules & Etiquette
Wethersfield Estate & Garden is properly understood as a place of beauty and tranquil refuge. We welcome children. In so doing, we remind caregivers to ensure that children treat the garden with care.
- Please refrain from cell phone use while in the Wethersfield Garden.
- No pets allowed in the Garden.
- Property closes at 5:00 PM.
- Not responsible for loss of personal property.
- Children must be accompanied and properly supervised by an adult.
- No smoking or vaping is permitted on the property.
- Handling of plant material is strictly prohibited. If a visitor has questions about a plant, our expert staff is happy to advise – but please do not handle or remove any samples from the Wethersfield Garden or grounds.
- No bicycle riding allowed.
- Please observe a carry in/carry out policy – do not litter.
- The speed limit on the property is 15 miles per hour.
- When using trails, please remain on marked paths.
- Please be respectful of traffic flow entering and exiting the property. Both entrance and exit are one-way traffic lanes; please use caution to ensure you are driving on the correct one.
Photography at Wethersfield
We’re delighted when visitors take pictures of their visits and we invite you to post them on social media and to tag us.
However, in keeping with the intent of our founder that Wethersfield Garden should remain a place of quiet refuge and tranquility, we do not host professional photo shoots for occasions such as weddings, graduations, or similar events for a fee.