Equestrian & Hiking Passes
Trails are open to hikers, cross-country skiers and snow shoeing (snow conditions permitting). Equestrian riding will open again in mid-April according to weather conditions.
Please check here for closures during the season.
Anyone using the trails for any reason must sign the appropriate waiver prior to using the trails (see Important Waiver Information below).
Use of the hiking trails is included in Wethersfield memberships (Equestrian Passes must be purchased separately during the open season in mid-April).
Trail Rules & Regulations
- Trails are open to hikers, cross-country skiers, and snow-shoeing (trail conditions permitting) for much of the year.
- Prior to visiting, we recommend checking the website to ensure that the trails are open.
- Please observe a carry in/carry out policy.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is no smoking or vaping on the property.
- Bicycle riding is not permitted on the property.
- No ATVs or snowmobiles are permitted on the trails or the property.
- Visitor safety is our highest priority. From time to time, trails are closed for routine maintenance, or as a result of weather or other conditions.
- When hiking on foot, please stay off set cross country ski tracks. In all cases, please stay on marked trails.
- Dogs are permitted for hikers, however hikers must understand that they are often sharing trails with equestrians who can be easily spooked. We require that dogs be leashed at all times, retractable leashes are strictly forbidden for reasons of visitor safety.
- Dogs are not allowed in the formal Garden.
- Bonfires of any kind are forbidden on the property.
- The property closes at dusk for trail hiking.
At Wethersfield Estate & Garden, visitor safety is our utmost priority. We thank you for your friendship, and for your anticipated understanding.
Important Waiver Information
IMPORTANT: If you have purchased a day pass, please note that it is not valid until a waiver has been signed. All those who use the trails are required to sign a waiver. Please ensure that all members associated with your day pass have signed the waiver. (Parents and legal guardians may sign on behalf of minor children.)
(Note that Wethersfield Members are required to sign the waiver annually, rather than on a case-by-case time.)
Parking for the trails is located near the trailhead on Pugsley Hill Road. Hikers should look for a short road, just across from the barnyard and a three sided red barn just beyond a pond. Drive towards that barn. You will come to signage that directs hikers to a designated parking area. Trail maps are available at the trailhead.
Day Pass Trail Use
For Day Pass holders, print and place your receipt on your windshield as proof of purchase. Be prepared to show proof of having signed the waiver.
Day Passes are valid for one-time use within 3 days of purchase.
Wethersfield Member Trail Use
Use of Trails by Wethersfield Members is included in their membership benefits. Please display your membership card on your dashboard. No further action is required.
Emergency Contact Info
Should you find yourself in need of emergency assistance, please contact the Millbrook Rescue Squad at 845-677-3871.